Monday, October 6, 2008

Bali - Amed area - April 2007

AMED AREA – LIPAH



I stayed for a few days in Lipah, which is a few bays along from Amed. I really liked this area; it is extremely quiet, after about 8pm at night there were almost no cars or bikes on the road. The area has a real village feel, although, of course, there are strings of guesthouses lining the bays. I really liked the beach at Lipah, there was snorkelling there and no waves (good for floating in that very salty water!)

Getting there and back:

I returned from Amed to Ubud using public transport the whole way – I found it

really easy and much, much cheaper than paying a private driver to take me. All the buses connected up and I didn’t have to walk more than a block with my bags. This is what I did:
- bemo (truck) from Lipah to Culik, 5kms, 5000 rupiah, runs only in the mornings until around 10am.
-bemo from Culik to Amlapura, around 20kms, approx 10,000 rupiah
-bus from Amlapura to outskirts of Ubud (via Candidasa, also going onto Denpasar), around 1.5 hours, 15,000 rupiah. Buses go whenever they’re full – I think around every hour.
-bemo from outskirts of Ubud (Mas) into the market, 5000 rupiah

Accommodation:

I stayed at Tresna Yoga bungalows. They aren’t really bungalows, more like small apartments built up the side of a hill overlooking the bay. They were lovely – big, clean, white, and large windows across the front of the room with great views. The photo at the top of this blog is the view from the balcony of my bungalow. For one person the cost was 80,000. The only problem was the rooms got very hot because they had a lot of sunlight. There was no AC, just a fan.

Food:
I recommend Café Indah, on the beach. The food I had was fresh, well-presented, and cheap.

No comments: